What is CCE?
The CCE or Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation scheme refers to a school-based evaluation of students that covers all the aspects of a student’s development. Continuous means regular assessments, frequency of unit testing, analysis of learning gaps, applying corrective measures, retesting and giving feedback to teachers and students for their self-evaluation, etc. Comprehensive on the other hand attempts to cover both the scholastic and the co-scholastic aspects of a student’s growth and development — with both these aspects of the evaluation process being assessed through Formative and Summative Assessments.
Objectives of CCE
- To help develop cognitive, psychomotor and affective skills.
- To lay emphasis on thought process and de-emphasise memorization.
- To make evaluation an integral part of teaching-learning process.
- To use evaluation for improvement of students’ achievement and teaching – learning strategies on the basis of regular diagnosis followed by remedial instruction.
- To use evaluation as a quality control device to maintain desired standard of performance.
- To determine social utility, desirability or effectiveness of a programme and take appropriate decisions about the learner, the process of learning and the learning environment.
- To make the process of teaching and learning a learner-centered activity
Criteria for CCE Award for schools:
These awards will be decided on the basis of the following criteria:
1. Awareness of CCE
2. Implementation of the following in the School Based Assessment:
a. Classes I & II: Achievement Card
b. Classes III – V: Rating Scale
c. Classes VI – VIII: As per the guidelines provided in the Teacher’s Manual
d. Classes IX & X: As per the guidelines provided in the Revised Manual
Awareness Generation regarding CCE:
a. Advocacy Programme for Parents
b. Training Programme for Teachers -
- Organized by CBSE
- Organized by some other agency
a. Student’s Profile and Portfolios
b. Marking of the project work
Implementation of CCE:
a. Lesson planning
b. Use of teaching aids
c. Kind of activities done/planned for the formative assessment