Is Total AV Safe for All Business?
Every user needs antivirus protection. Business owners need it even more. There are thousands of threats on the web that can steal one’s personal information, corrupt file or damage the PC. That’s why it’s worth approaching the choice of antivirus software with full seriousness. Today, we’ll take a look at Total AV Antivirus. Is Total AV safe? Let’s find out here.
A brief overview
Total AV is a popular option in the modern market. It has had its ups and downs along the way. However, the developers have accounted for all the issues and added plenty of improvements to the software. Now it runs on the SAVAPI anti-malware engine. It uses artificial intelligence and a cloud-based database to detect and stop threats fast. According to the independent test labs, Total AV eliminated most of the threats now.
Top 10 facts you should know about the program
- The installation process is very simple but time-consuming. Unlike some alternatives, Total AV needs over 10 minutes to finish installing all the components. So, in case you look for something fast, this isn’t the case.
- This antivirus is compatible with all popular operating systems. One can install the software on Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android to add protection against various malware. Keep in mind that dedicated mobile apps are very limited in features.
- Total AV offers an easy and user-friendly interface. The main window has four modules that can take a user to the needed features and tools. Each of them uses the color-correction scheme. When things are going well, the color is green. Whenever updates or actions need to happen, a user sees yellow or red color signaling about the necessity.
- The modules mentioned above include Antivirus, System Boost, Disk Cleanup, and Web protection. Each of them focuses on certain goals that keep your PC virus-free and optimized. For instance, System Boost removes small glitches and weak points in the system to maintain smooth performance.
- Total AV offers several scanning options. Whenever the software detects a threat or suspicious activity, it automatically sends the files to quarantine. Manual scans can be adjusted to one’s taste and convenience.
- According to the results from the independent test labs, the engines have great URL filters and decent anti-phishing tools. The latter block sites that attempt to steal the user’s sensitive data.
- Extra tools that come in the bundle include Safe Site, Ad-Block Pro, a password manager, etc. Such a combination aims to bring the best possible protection from all kinds of online threats.
- A VPN is optional, too. This tool hides users’ IP addresses and increases anonymity online. What’s more, it helps avoid geo-restrictions and access content.
- Nowadays, Total AV has customer support that works 24/7 and can be reached via a live chat. Experienced professionals efficiently resolve all the issues and answer the related questions.
- In case you use promo offers for the first year of subscription, make sure you know all the details about further payments and conditions. This will eliminate surprises and overpaying.
Over the last few years, Total AV has become a very popular antivirus solution. The company keeps improving the quality of services adding new features and perfecting the anti-malware algorithms. Although it’s not as good as the leaders like Bitdefender or McAfee, it works towards getting there.